Re: [opensuse] Search on the web
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2011 12:43:50 -0600
On Saturday, December 31, 2011 04:48:19 PM Haro de Grauw wrote:
Op 31-12-11 16:27, Rajko M. schreef:
Initial location is:
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Search_the_web

and later if and when content on that page justifies broader approach it
can be moved to a new title [1].

The wiki is another one of those things I hope to contribute to... if
and/or when I find the time.

I would be happy if everyone who is reading wiki will find 10' a week to fix
typos, and report issues or propose improvements, if nowhere else it would be
fine on this list, just make laud subject Wiki.

The article is a good idea; perhaps a title with a broader scope could
be: "How to get help".

How to get help is to some extent described in:
http://en.opensuse.org/Portal:Support
and that is where you land when click on Support in a left sidebar.
Of course there is no perfection in wiki pages, that is not exemption.

In that sense it could be an article explaining what search engines,
forums, and mailing lists are for (and what they are not for!), and how
to use them for best results.

We have have covered almost all and that is linked under Contact in the
mentioned left sidebar:
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Communication_channels
This particular page needs fine tuning. I did some changes last November, but
that was just to improve readability (more lists, lesser inline links).

The main purpose it to help experienced users recognize what new
openSUSE
users don't and can't know, and vice versa.

New year's resolution for me: put some time into openSUSE documentation.
But now, I'm off to join the family chitchat.

Enjoy it, and happy New Year 1012 :)

With the opportunity -- and at risk of hijacking a thread, in which case
I beg you forgive me -- let me wish everyone on the list a happy ending
of 2011, and a prosperous new year 2012.

Haro
--
Regards, Rajko