Re: [opensuse] Re: Ereaders - Was: Clinging to Microsoft
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2011 16:06:47 +0100 (CET)

On Sunday, 2011-12-11 at 18:03 -0600, David C. Rankin wrote:

Sorry if I've missed most of the conversation, but I need win functionality
occasionally too. So every install where I might need it -- also gets a vbox
install as well. It is so darn easy just to copy the .vdi over, there is really
no reason to not go that route if you really need it. (yes you can go 32bit ->
64bit, it just takes more editing) Also .vdi expansion is now trivial in vbox.
If you have a 8G install and then find out you need a 40G install, just:

But I don't have an extra Windows 7 license with dvd. I have a laptop with W7 preinstalled, about 200 GB. The repair/install disk just clones an image to the laptop, it is not possible to install it on different hardware like a virtual machine. I would have to pirate it.

So the laptop stays dual boot.

Plus, I tried with a virtual XP. The Tom-Tom navigator does not connect to it.
http://communities.vmware.com/thread/333072

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.
(from 11.4 x86_64 "Celadon" at Telcontar)