Re: [opensuse] Runlevel start for 12.1
On 2011/12/30 23:48 (GMT-0300) Cristian Rodríguez composed:

Bob S wrote:

Fairly mew install of 12.1 with KDE3. 99% of the time when I boot up 12.1 it
ends up with a log in commaqnd. But it says it has reached runlevel 5 as per
the twp lines abobe the login command. They are:

Naster Resource Control Run level 5 has been reached.

what does

ls -lha /etc/systemd/system/default.target

says ?

Bob has sysvinit-init installed (which I selected during installation)(in case it matters).

FWIW in case maybe it matters also, he has an NVidia chip on the motherboard connected to a VGA port, but he's using the DVI port on a PCIe NVidia board. Bob, when you see the login prompt, does 'Ctrl-Alt-F8' help?

Bob, what does 'cat /proc/cmdline' say on a 12.1 boot now that you've installed the proprietary NVidia driver?

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/