Re: [opensuse] Google Earth making work
On Thu, 29 Dec 2011 20:59:27 A. den Oudsten wrote:
I installed the latest version of Google Earth on my 12.1 OpenSuse, but
it does not start.
Is there a trick to make it start?
Thanks in advance
André den Oudsten

This is usually due to a glibc (or other library) incompatibility. There are
some libraries shipped with google-earth (which are placed in the google-earth
install directory) which conflict with different versions of the same
libraries installed on the machine. Removing/renaming the offending libraries
in the google-earth install directory (so that it uses the installed system
libs instead) usually fixes the issue. There are instructions for this on the
google-earth support page (in fact, I think even in the FAQ). You'll have to
google it (ironic, really) because I didn't save the link last time I had to
do this.

Starting google-earth from a terminal window should give you a hint, anyway.