Re: [opensuse] OpenSUSE Scanning
Il 26/12/2011 13:32, C ha scritto:
On Mon, Dec 26, 2011 at 15:50, Carl Hartung <opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, 26 Dec 2011 12:35:10 -0200
Marco Calistri <marco.calistri@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Listmembers,

Wonder what is the best scanning software available for OpenSUSE.

I tested "Simple Scan" but the generated scan both PDF or JPG (also by
reducing the default resolution), is very big in size, I would like a
compressed/reduced size preferably on PDF format, in order to send the
final document through email.

My printer is a HP OfficeJet J4660 All-In-One.

Cheers,

Hi Marco,

My printer is an 'HP Photosmart C6280 All-In-One' and I get great
results using XSane.

Search here: http://software.opensuse.org/search (be sure to select the
correct openSUSE version)

There is also Skanlite that is installed (by default?) with KDE4... it
works very well. I've used it a lot with my Canon scanner.

Thanks all for your kind suggestions.

Cheers,

--
Marco Calistri (amdturion)
opensuse 12.1 (Aspargus) - Kernel 3.1.0-1.2-desktop x86_64 Gnome 3.2.1