Re: [opensuse] Re: starting the virtualbox virtual machines automatically
jdd said the following on 12/26/2011 06:57 AM:

I feel very bad writing anything myself in /lib! (let alone for backup
purpose).

But I see a "/etc/systemd/system" folder.

And?
How come you feel bad about putting something in /lib (or presumably
/bin) and not in /etc?

How about /usr/lib or /usr/bin?

If its supposed to go in /lib then its supposed to go in /lib because
that's where the software (systemd) will look for it.

My point here is really that yes, if you don't know what you're doing
than doing things as root can screw up your system, but you can screw it
up just as well by putting an init function in /etc/systemd/ as in
/lib/system. Or for that matter under SysVInit putting it in
/etc/rc.d/rc5.d.
--
"You don't concentrate on risks. You concentrate on results. No risk is
too great to prevent the necessary job from getting done."