Re: [opensuse] Thunderbird 9.0, on 11.4 is eating my emails
C. Brouerius van Nidek said the following on 12/25/2011 10:39 PM:

Running Thunderbird 9.0 on my system. Downloaded and installed from
openSUSE. Since two days the inbox of one of my folders does not keep
its contents.
After reading the emails, among others the mails from this list the
mails just vanish.
No trace from the mails.
I now let them move to the local folder box but that is not a final
solution.
In my search for a solution I stumbled on a button which said that if
you seemed to have lost mails (a known bug?) you should press that
button (cannot find it now). The result was negative. The mails did not
return to the inbox. Somebody has a solution?

It may or may not be related ... but

I installed T'Bird on a machine once and mail disappeared when deleted
instead of being marked with a strike-through as on my home machine.
I found that this was a configuration option.

Perhaps "hide after read" is one too?

http://email.about.com/od/mozillathunderbirdtips/qt/Display_Only_Unread_Messages_in_Mozilla_Thunderbird.htm

Well that is doing what you have now, so that's also how to reverse it,
perhaps?

Isn't Google wonderful?
That was the first hit when I have it the string
"thunderbird hide after read"

--
We'll explain the appeal of curling to you if you explain the appeal of
the National Rifle Association to us. -- Andy Barrie