Re: [opensuse] How do you turn off automatic expansion to full screen?
* James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx> [12-23-11 14:10]:
I think I've experienced that "feature" without knowing it. There
have been many times when I maximized something when I was only
trying to move it. I also find it annoying. If I want something
maximized, I am fully capable of hitting the appropriate button. I
don't need the desktop deciding that's what I want, when I don't.//

You should look in "Configure Desktop"/systemsettings

see answer to eddy.