Re: [opensuse] force certain shutdown option (hibernate...) in kde4 ?
ianseeks wrote:
On Saturday 17 Dec 2011 11:19:20madworm_de.opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Is there a way to influence the list of shutdown options available, say
> limit it to logoff + hibernate via a configuration file? I don't want to do
> any coding / recompiling for this.
> > Talking about hibernation, it seems that kde4 currently uses 'plain'
> hibernation, but there's also the hybrid method available (suspend to disk
> + suspend to ram usefully mixed). Is that hard-coded ?
Add the Log/Lockout widget to your panel and you'll get to configure what it
does via a right click on the widget. see attached snapshot

Perhaps those functions should be added to the menu that appears when you right click on the desktop. They're already on the taskbar menu.