[opensuse] Re: force certain shutdown option (hibernate...) in kde4 ?
madworm_de.opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx skreiv:

Is there a way to influence the list of shutdown options available, say
limit it to logoff + hibernate via a configuration file? I don't want to
do any coding / recompiling for this.

You can add a ‘Lock and log out’ widget to the main panel (or you might
already have one, at the bottom right). Right-click on this to configure
which options should be shown.

I’m not sure if it still ask you a ‘Do you really want too log out /
shutdown / …’ question if you click on the buttons, like it does if you use
the K menu. My version doesn’t, but I *may* have disabled this in the KDE
System Settings, which I recommend doing anyway. Now I just have to slide
the pointer to the bottom right corner and click once for my system to shut
down. Very quick and easy!

--
Karl Ove Hufthammer
E-mail: karl@xxxxxxxxxx