Re: [opensuse] fsh and distros
On 12/17/2011 12:31 PM, Cristian Rodríguez pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
On 18/12/11 14:04, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:

Anyway, I think he has a *strong* point. That in 2011 I still have to
grep system logs is *STUPID*. That there isn't a decent log
viewer/browser is ridiculous. Much like how there isn't a
quasi-universal and decent interface to at/cron.

That is what "journald" is all about, coming soon to openSUSE, however
you loose the ability to "grep" that particular logs provided by
journald because they are in binary format,

That's really smart. Provide log info no one can grep. What program does one use to search the info.

However, you can still use and grep traditional syslog files.

--
Ken Schneider
SuSe since Version 5.2, June 1998