[SOLVED] Re: [opensuse] linux permissions
On 12/17/2011 11:08 PM, Michael S. Dunsavage wrote:
I need access for a normal user to /srv/www/htdocs

I set the owner root:webadmin to /srv/www/htdocs

I set the permissions 774 to /srv/www/htdocs

regular user (ex: johndoe) cannot edit anything in those directories. He is part of webadmin group.

How do I give him permission to edit things in that directory?

set guid would give any user permission but keep the group as webadmin, correct?

Nevermind. I had to log out and log back in for the changes of adding me to the webadmin group to take affect.