Re: [opensuse] Commands and Documentation
Rajko M. said the following on 12/15/2011 11:59 PM:

I can use 2, 3 or more desktops on different computers, but basic command
line
(shell) is always the same, so I have to learn commands only once.

And its worth mentioning that even key GUI applications such as
Open/Libre Office have interfaces that change less than their Microsoft
counterparts.

There a whole sub-industry based on re-training people when new releases
of MS-Office come out ...

Mind you, it makes me wonder.
The average American can drive most cars. It doesn't matter abut the
details of the layouts of the controls, the radio, the hears & a/c, even
if the gear shift on on the floor or on the steering wheel stalk.
So why should the difference between Office 97 and Office 2008 bother them?

Come to that, why should the difference between any version of MS-Word
and OOo-Writer bother them?

its a Learned Disability driven my marketing.
Because "Linux is for Geeks", anything that runs under Linux, even
things that run under windows like Firefox, Thunderbird, OpenOffice (and
dare I say KDE?) must be difficult for the ordinary user.

--
"To ask the right question is already half the solution of a problem".
-- Carl Jung.