Re: [opensuse] Systemd and fstab
Andreas Jaeger said the following on 12/15/2011 06:05 AM:
't this also work with systemd? The earlier one gets rid of its
bugs one the better.
It should work - the question will just help in figuring out the
reasons.

Or will systemd never replace sysvinit for serious work?
It will, the issues that came up now are getting fixed. Seems not
enough people tested it before the release in earnest ;-(

Really, there's a lot more we don't know.
If Christoph is trying to get the system to work 'like it did before'
then what was he doing to automount the NFS?

Why all the network interfaces? Where do they lead?
Which one leads to the NFS server?

The man page on systemd.mount does say that

When reading /etc/fstab a few special mount options are understood by
systemd which influence how dependencies are created for mount points
from /etc/fstab.

If comment=systemd.mount is specified as mount
option, then systemd will create a dependency of type Wants from
either local-fs.target or remote-fs.target, depending whether the
file system is local or remote. If comment=systemd.automount is set,
an automount unit will be created for the file system. See
systemd.automount(5) for details.

If a mount point is configured in both /etc/fstab and a unit file,
the configuration in the latter takes precedence.

Are there some unit files created by the installation process?
Perhaps that would be a better approach since they could be made
dependent on the specific Ethernet port that leads to the NFS server
being active.

--
We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring
will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.