Re: [opensuse] fstab/partition Problem
Basil Chupin said the following on 12/14/2011 06:57 PM:
However, it is his second query which needs attention. Now that the
system has been installed whatever partitions (above) he has have now to
do be added MANUALLY to fstab. He now mounts the partitions using a
script; he now needs to use the info already available in fstab for the
other partitions and add the new partitions to fstab using the same
info; reboot and the partitions will be mounted (without the script) and
they will also now appear in YaST Partitioner as being mounted.

The fields and format of the /etc/fstab are documented in the man page.

If he has some of the partitions taken care 0f (why not all) during the
install, as I described, why not use those as a pattern?

Isn't there also an option in YAST for this?
I hardly know; so long as it isn't XML I tend to edit config files by hand.

--
The computing field is always in need of new clich├ęs.
Alan Perlis