Re: [opensuse] openSUSE Can't See Android Tablets
On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 08:13:52PM +0100, C wrote:
On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 18:37, Swapnil Bhartiya
<swapnil.bhartiya@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I own a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. I got an OTA update to 3.2 and now I can't
see any content of the Galaxy Tab. I can't see any files -- all I see is
crazy numbers. The device mounts well on Windows.

http://www.muktware.com/sites/default/files/images/applications/samsung-tablet.png

That's probably because the tablet is using MTP.... and there is a
Windows driver you probably had to install to mount the tablet

See: http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse/2011-11/msg01677.html which
has some info and links you can read up on.

banshee already uses either libgphoto2 or MTP.

The tablet is not really well supported. On Samsung you can use
Kies over Air (WLAN) too for instance.

Ciao, Marcus