Re: [opensuse] A request to Attachmate/Novell
On 14/12/11 09:48, Linux Tyro wrote:
On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 6:31 PM, Roger Luedecke
<roger.luedecke@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[..snip..]

[..snip..]

Thats okay and I have liked suse much but at least you can have the
docs like that of Ubuntu? See
https://help.ubuntu.com/10.04/basic-commands/C/ where all things are
explained from such a basic level that even persons from other field
can read so nicely and learn something which people often
misunderstand to be geeky. Well, in fact and in realities, while I
have liked Suse more than Ubuntu (because of more clean and better
architecture) but you can have such documentations which would be an
added advantage, especially for us.

Thanks.

It's already there:

<http://doc.opensuse.org/products/opensuse/openSUSE_114/opensuse-reference/cha.new.bash.html#sec.new.bash.start>

That Ubuntu article is very good, but it's more or less distro agnostic.
IOW you don't have to be running Ubuntu to benefit from it, as the bash
commands it deals with are common to all modern Linux systems. The same
goes for the openSUSE article I referenced above, which actually
provides a lot more detail than the Ubuntu article.

Bob
--
Bob Williams
System: Linux 2.6.37.6-0.9-desktop