Re: [opensuse] quick question re word wrap protocol
On 12/12/2011 10:29 AM, Dennis Gallien pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
Does the community here have a "rule" regarding message word wrap? I know that
in the old days the protocol was 78 or 80 columns, but AFAIK most (all?) message/mail
readers now support automatic wrap, which I personally vastly prefer. Looking at other's
messages here though, it appears that both fixed column and wrap is being used. After
being spanked for imprecise snips, I don't want to risk the wrath of the mailing list
gods, so can someone clarify, please. :)

Thanks.

--dg

I'm sure about k-mail, but Thunderbird no longer has a setting for composition line length. There are a couple for display wrap. I find some messages are being displayed to the width of my window and some are displayed shorter.

--
Ken Schneider
SuSe since Version 5.2, June 1998