Re: [opensuse] quick question re word wrap protocol
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 17:56:25 +0100
David C. Rankin wrote:

On 12/12/2011 09:29 AM, Dennis Gallien wrote:
Does the community here have a "rule" regarding message word wrap? I
know that in the old days the protocol was 78 or 80 columns, but
AFAIK most (all?) message/mail readers now support automatic wrap,
which I personally vastly prefer. Looking at other's messages here
though, it appears that both fixed column and wrap is being used.
After being spanked for imprecise snips, I don't want to risk the
wrath of the mailing list gods, so can someone clarify, please. :)

Thanks.

--dg

Well,

Considering I can't even read your message in tbird without
scrolling, I
would say -- "yes, please configure your mailer to wrap at 78."

See: http://www.3111skyline.com/dl/img/misc/dg_wrapQ.jpg

Wait, that's when you're replying. I get that too quite frequently, but
I think I am able to read the message without scrolling first though.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (5.4°C)