Re: [opensuse] Need some help/insight with a git problem (patch rejected...)
On 12/12/2011 01:47 AM, madworm_de.opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
So here's the situation:

I have a git repo and need to redo the history (don't ask why please) of
a couple of commits.

I created patch files for all 'evil' commit with "git format-patch".

Then I do "git reset --hard <last good commit>", fix the commit messages
in the patch files by hand and re-apply the patches with "git am
<patchfile>".

This works for some patches, but for one it doesn't. It barfs at
deleting a file "patch doesn't apply...". I've checked that the file it
wants to delete is the correct one.

The error message is:

--- snip ---

You would be better off asking on the packaging or factory list.

--
Ken Schneider
SuSe since Version 5.2, June 1998