Re: [opensuse] openSUSE 12.1 Sound Problem
  • From: Roger Luedecke <roger.luedecke@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 13:01:11 -0800
On Sunday, December 11, 2011 02:57:27 PM Stephen P. Molnar wrote:
Yast/Sound Card Configuration finds three Sound Cards:

Index Card Model
0 MP55 High Definition Audio
1 Solo-1 Audio Adapter
2 USB Audio

With this indexing the MP55 High Definition Audio will play a test sound
in Sound Configuration, but the other cards remain mute when I try to
play a test in them. If I designate the Solo-1 Audio Adapter as the
default (index 0) it becomes mute.

Now I bumbled, and I do mean bumbled, through setting up Amarok to use
sound, but how do i get sound in other apps, for example Firefox?

Thanks in advance.
Set the correct card in the Phonon module of KDE System Settings. That should
be all you need to do, though you may need to readjust Amarok or any other
apps you have changed from default.
--
Roger Luedecke
openSUSE Ambassador