Re: Clinging to Microsoft (was Re: [opensuse] Why openSUSE is less popular than Ubuntu?)
Am 08.12.2011 14:36, schrieb Lars Müller:
On Thu, Dec 08, 2011 at 02:27:47PM +0100, Per Jessen wrote:
Lars Müller wrote:

On Thu, Dec 08, 2011 at 12:26:08AM +0100, Hans Witvliet wrote:
[ 8< ]
2) if still in moron-mode, ask to keep any rubbish on the hard disk
(default: YES) and it dual boot with windows.
And install as much as possible office, games stuff.
Right. And never ask in the default workflow about which window
manager
to use. Cause a new user doesn't know and care about this.

But this is all to much to understand to our beloved KDE and Gnome
fans.

When do we finally manage to keep it simple stupid?
When somebody volunteers to simplify it :-)
No. As long as we try to treat KDE and Gnome coequal this will not
happen.

From the YaST code this is easy to implement.

But as long as the majority of the develeopers and advanced users do not
agree on making the install work flow as simple and easy as possible
nothing will change.

Lars
and that, by the way, is one of the major reasons why people prefer Ubuntu over
openSuSE - especially those that have just decided to no longer cling to M$

K.-H.