Re: [opensuse] Frustration with Flash
Am 11.12.2011 00:32, schrieb Anton Aylward:
I've upgraded Firefox to 8.0 and not when I try viewing podcasts I've
viewed in the past I get a message telling me ...

We didn't detect Flash Player on your computer. This software is
required to play this presentation. Please take a moment to see if
you need to download and install a flash player using the Test Your
System link. Once you have installed the software you may test your
system or go straight to the presentation.

Well I *DO* have flash installed.
Following the link on the http://event.on24.com page for the podcast to
download from Adobe just tells me that its already up to date.

flash-plugin-11.1.102.55-release.i386

This worked last week; its this damned update!

The irony is that I can watch the podcast that podcast using Konqeror!

Unfortunately I cannot diagnose your system remotely but
flash-plugin-11.1.102.55-release.i386 is not a Flash RPM delivered by openSUSE.
Is your Firefox from openSUSE?
Then I would not blame this update but your mix of different vendors. At
openSUSE we make sure that the stuff which is delivered within the distribution
just works (at least we try to). And for me the combination of Firefox and Flash
works.
Actually I would be interested why something broke for you to even further
improve the openSUSE Firefox package to work with arbitrary third party
packages. So how about giving some more information before you remove any
non-openSUSE Flash package and install "zypper in flash-player".

rpm -ql flash-plugin-11.1.102.55-release.i386
rpm -V flash-plugin-11.1.102.55-release.i386
ls -l /usr/lib/browser-plugins
find /usr/lib -name "libflashplay*.so"
find $HOME/.mozilla -name "libflashplay*.so"
search for flash in about:plugins

Wolfgang