Re: [opensuse] Re: YaST lilo support
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <carlos.e.r@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 02:19:01 +0100 (CET)

On Saturday, 2011-12-10 at 02:31 +0100, Lars Müller wrote:

Please stop claiming openSUSE sucks cause lilo doesn't longer get the
same attention as other available boot loaders get. lilo is more or
less a dead horse.

I never said openSUSE sucks. Those are your words, not mine. And I'm not a proponent of lilo, either. That's Per.

I can't request anything from you. Neither to contribute to the
software used by the project nor to the documentation in the wiki (for
example about how to use elilo). But I'm asking you to stop
demotivating motivated people by your way to communicate.

Suggesting to use Ubuntu cause you feel frustrated as openSUSE isn't or
better wasn't able to handle GTP disks is a negative approach. By this
I fear you'll frustrate and demotivate others to use openSUSE too.
That's most annoying as your criticism isn't realy valid. Therefore I
ask you again to stop this, please.

I will if you promise to contribute in the forum to explain those users having problems how to do it with openSUSE. :-|

Meanwhile, we, not I, have to tell users to install a small Ubuntu in another partition, and tell its grub 2 to boot openSUSE instead. We are not telling them to use Ubuntu, but how to get openSUSE working.

You say there is another way: ok, I believe you. But I do not know how to guide people on it. You do, so you go there and explain to them. Cooperate on the forums!

If you don't, you don't have the right to tell me not to help people the best I can in the manner I, or we, know.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.
(from 11.4 x86_64 "Celadon" at Telcontar)