Re: [opensuse] plasmoid-networkmanagement
On Sat, 2011-12-10 at 16:11 +0100, Sven Burmeister wrote:
Am Samstag, 10. Dezember 2011, 09:38:51 schrieb Mark Misulich:
I read through the forum thread, and it seems that "nrickert" doesn't
understand the difference between knetworkmanager and
plasmoid-networkmanagement. I don't see that it references the issue
that I am having, nor how to fix it. I think that he fell into the fix
when he installed plasmoid network management. But thanks for trying.

First you have to make sure that NetworkManager is running, i.e. in YaST's
network management module. After that you can right-click on the systray
(some
empty bit of it) until you see "settings for systray" which you open. There
you will find a list of icons to show-up in the systray.

Sven

Hi,
yes networkmanager is running, I included that in my initial post on the
thread.

However, I was looking in the wrong place for the icon. I had looked
previously in System Tray settings and overlooked the networkmanagement
selection. I then assumed it must be a widget to add but couldn't find
it. I found it now in System tray settings, marked it, and the problem
is fixed.

Thanks.