[opensuse] plasmoid-networkmanagement
Hi,
I tried out opensuse 12.1 on my Toshiba laptop the other day.
Unfortunately I had the same problem that I have had in 11.2, 11.3 and
11.4 with the 2.6.x kernels, the cooling fan won't run. So I switched
back to opensuse 11.4, and installed a 3.1.x kernel and everything works
again. I am using the x64 system and the latest KDE 4.7.3 upstream
release 10.

When I installed the 11.4 system it installs with knetworkmanager to
control the wlan and ethernet connections. I tried to switch to
plasmoid-networkmanagement per these instructions

http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:KDE_upgrade#Switch_to_the_NetworkManager_Plasmoid_.28recommended.29

but I can't get an icon to present itself in the right side of the
kicker bar to control the internet connections. I can connect to my
home network via wlan because it was all set up before the switch from
knetworkmanager, but I can't control the connection now. There is no
icon present to click on to start the connection manager graphic
display. I am definitely in network manager mode, not ifup.

How do I get the icon to display so I can control the connections?