Re: [opensuse] A request to Attachmate/Novell
On Thu, 8 Dec 2011 11:32:00 -0500
Linux Tyro <opensuse.bkn1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,

There is one request:

Can Novell/Attachmate people set a mailing list intended for only home
users where they could be helped much better?

P.S. I am not saying that these lists are not the best place for any
solution. Rather if anything like a separate newbie channel could be
established, that could be more of a great en-devours and I bet this
would also be a reason that in the coming 1-2 years, openSUSE would
hit the world with no.1 position.

I have suggested this since I have liked openSUSE to a great extent
and feels as if it is MINE distribution of choice. I know, I might be
wrong for this suggestion, but since it came in my mind, I wanted it
to say to the owner of the Novell/Attachmate director.

Thanks.

Hi Linux Tyro;
This list is in no way restricted to not allow new users. Many list members
have spent a large amount of time answering questions for new users, myself
included. What you may not realize is that after some initial dialog between a
newbie and experienced users, some communication is moved off list in order to
not overwhelm the list with dialog related to some particular point or very
specific hardware.

We're on this list to help others with problems related to openSuSE users
needs. There are also several linux forums which cater to openSuSE issues, the
openSuSE forum and linuxquestions.org to name two excellent resources.

We welcome your questions and with the range of experience on this list it
would be unusual if your questions could not be answered. If a list was just
for newbies, who would have the experience to answer the questions?

Tom

--
Tom Taylor - retired penguin
openSUSE 11.4 x86_64 openSUSE 12.1