Re: Clinging to Microsoft (was Re: [opensuse] Why openSUSE is less popular than Ubuntu?)
John Andersen wrote:
NTFS support in linux is mature enough now to deal with this so you don't need
to whack your Windows system by tossing in Fat32 for key system directories
or messing about with partitions.

That's what I did on my new ThinkPad. In the past I also used ext2ifs to give ext2 & ext3 support to Windows, but that no longer works properly with Windows 7 and it also doesn't support ext4. So, I decided to go with NTFS support in Linux.