Re: [opensuse] PHP, PDO and MS-SQL ?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2011 21:13:22 +0100
Andreas wrote:

Hi,
could someone tell me what I need to install and how to configure
everything so that I can connect with PHP and PDO to a MS-SQL server?

I haven't used any PDO stuff, but apart from that it is easy.

I have an OpenSuse 11.4 installation. I added the Apache-PHP
repository and upgraded to PHP 5.3.8.
php-mssql, -php-odbc, libfreetds and the freetds-tools are installed.
Do I need all this or anything else?

Check out which php modules you have installed too. No doubt you will
spot some names you'll need.

phpinfos() reports the odbc and mssql modules are loaded.
I can't find config files, though.

Somewhere under /etc/php5/ I suspect.

The aim is to connect to a ms-sql server using PDO without a system
dsn if possible.

Is there a detailed description for people who don't know everything
about this stuff, yet?

Probably, but you'll have to ask google. :-)

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (12.6°C)