Re: [opensuse] A request to Attachmate/Novell
On 12/09/2011 11:53 AM, Michael S. Dunsavage wrote:
On 12/9/2011 9:34 AM, Linux Tyro wrote:
While your suggestion of ignoring the mail (if not suited) is better
but if the new list were to be formed, it would be "experienced to
newbie support", since only experienced only can support but why
Novell would do it, that I understand.
So what you want is for some of us to subscribe to YET ANOTHER list to mentor newbies? This list does fine helping the new comers when the new comers put in the time to try to at least learn and experiment and try to understand instead of expecting them to be catered to or spoon fed.
I agree to a certain extent - meaning I was once a newbie too - however, I had the extra time to do research and play with it before I started asking questions.

There could be newbies that - unfortunately - need to be spoon fed. For example, my brother-in-law, is one. He barely knows how to run and spell a computer and sometimes even needed help to install stuff on a Windoze system. About 3 years ago, because of viruses crashing his system, I converted him to openSUSE Linux. For awhile, he was calling me a least twice a week for - something.

This maybe the kind of user that the other list is being spoken for ?

Duaine

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ