Re: [opensuse] why not openSUSE used grub 2?
  • From: Linux Tyro <opensuse.bkn1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2011 12:56:39 -0500
On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 12:14 PM, Dennis Gallien <dwgallien@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The point of this is to reinforce as forcefully as I can with specifics re
grub,
the broader point Anton has articulated well more than once.  No one and I do
mean no one, should be touching this stuff unless s/he really knows what s/he
is
doing.  And no one - in particular one person (hint hint) - should be going on
and on about something that s/he so obviously knows nothing about.  That
message
has IMO been delivered clearly with a lot of diplomacy and patience - more
than
once.  To that person who is "learning", may I suggest a focus on better
listening skills.

Well, let's put an _end_ to this thread and the conclusion is that
Grub Legacy is working quite well and _no_issues_with_it and also
there is no volunteerization right now for Grub2. But whenever (might
be in the future) SLED/SLES would need of Grub 2, the development
devel team would do something. I have however, no issues with Grub
Legacy, but then why I asked? I asked since I saw other distros using
it. But now I have understood that Grub Legacy is great and be working
well.....until and unless........But I would just focusing on somewhat
a small reality which automatically would come in the mind that:
Ubuntu and Fedora team worked on Grub 2, so they might have developed
team or they are more hardware focusing than us? Not a thing to
consider it now, let us put an end to this, finally I check out the
options of Grub Legacy and check out the YaST2. Well, have to sleep
then..., thanks and good night.