Re: [opensuse] How to partitioning in unallocated disk space
  • From: Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2011 12:31:28 -0500
On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 11:06 AM, Lars Müller <lmuelle@xxxxxxx> wrote:
c) We'll make us of this with Samba

And to put more cream on top of it we're working on offering access to
the btrfs snapshots via Samba to Microsoft Windows users.  All a user of
a Samba share has to do at the end is a right cklick on the folder in a
Microsoft Explorer window and from the properties window you'll have
access to the btrfs snapshots like you're able to access native
Microsoft Shadow Copy snapshots.  See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_Copy if you havn't used this before.

That is beyond cool. In fact it is way beyond cool.

I've cc'ed the ext3/ext4 snapshots mailinglist. They may have some
questions for you about this.

Greg