Re: [opensuse] How do I create a "launcher" icon for an application
  • From: "phanisvara das" <listmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2011 22:47:52 +0530
On Fri, 09 Dec 2011 04:33:44 +0530, Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Have you tried:
1) Right click on desktop
2) Create new
3) Link to application

Thanks for this, James, but I think that this may have been the way in an earlier version of KDE but I am using 4.7.3.

depends what type of desktop you're using: "folder view" or "default desktop." if in folder view, you can do exactly that, place icons to locations or applications wherever you like, straight on the desktop. if using standard desktop, you'll have to do that inside a 'folder view' plasma widget.

--
phani.