Re: [opensuse] Failures with 12.1
James Knott said the following on 12/09/2011 10:04 AM:

Cristian Rodríguez wrote:
On 08/12/11 17:52, James Knott wrote:

Can you start fetchmail in system runlevel? Any other way other than
from command line? Does postfix run out of the box? Can you start stuff
with after.local?

yes to those 3 things.

How did you get fetchmail to run with systemd? I have to manually start
it from the command line. I previously used a script started by
after.local and on a server I built at work, I enabled it in System
Services. Neither of those methods work with 12.1.

I run fetchmail on a seperate machine, a mail hub, so this isn't going
to be an issue for me until that gets upgraded.

But here are my thoughts.

Unlike my Fedora box, openSuse seems to want you to use Postix or ...
what is it, 'exim'?

Check if postfix service is running:

sudo systemctl status postfix.service

Try cloning that, but make it dependent on Postfix - obviously :-)

--
Warning: Do not attempt to stop blade with hands.