[opensuse] Re: YaST lilo support
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2011 15:57:41 +0100
Time of a new thread:

Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2011-12-08 17:39, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

I'm not fudding. I remember the discussion here when it was decided
to drop lilo. Yes, the package can be installed, but the
configuration section was reported dropped from yast bootloader
code.

I argued that we keep the code, but mark the functionality as "might
not work". It still works quite well, but does need some fixing.

So they just left the code there as it was at the moment. And I assume
that bugs are not attended.

Yes, there is no active developer to take care of them. I have however
been using since yast lilo config since it was deprecated (which I
think is the correct expression). It has bugs (lack of updates rather),
sure. I did consider taking over support myself, but with general
interest being quite low, sofar I have just used the proposed config,
and fixed the rest manually when I install.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (11.9°C)