Re: [opensuse] A request to Attachmate/Novell

Hello,

On Dec 9 07:06 Linux Tyro wrote (excerpt):
On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 6:22 AM, Johannes Meixner <jsmeix@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I don't know if there are special restrictions who could subscribe
to the opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx list but I assume this list is meant
for everybody so that also newbies are appreciated here.
You are correct and I agree. But the newbies who ask questions get
RTFM type of replies which makes one frustrate. However, I would
manage but still that request was _if_ it could be possible.

When a mailing list is meant for everybody, the result is various
kind of posting style (except rude or otherwise unacceptable stuff).

If some kind of posting style is not meaningful for someone,
he or she could either ignore it or ask for a more meaningful
response - but there is no right to demand a particular kind
of response.

For example I ignore postings which are not meaningful for me.
And others do not have the right to demand an answer from me.

I think special mailing lists for newbies won't help them
as much as now where all kind of users use the same mailing list
for generic questions and User to User support so that even newbies
can get replies from experienced users - regardless whether or not
every reply can be understood by a newbie.

I think a separated list for things like "newbie to newbie support"
would be basically useless.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner