Re: Clinging to Microsoft (was Re: [opensuse] Why openSUSE is less popular than Ubuntu?)
Duaine Hechler wrote:
Aside: Why Microsoft doesn't implement the idea of "/home" is completely beyond me.

Actually, it is possible to move user directories to another partition or even a server, but it's not commonly done. I guess Micros~1 still thinks everyone is booting DOS from a floppy. ;-)

BTW, on dual boot Linux/Windows systems, I have created a FAT32 partition and moved "My Documents" to it. This generally works well, but it confuses some Windows apps.