Re: [opensuse] Cannot install 12.1
On Friday 09 Dec 2011 09:05:15 Linux Tyro wrote:
On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 3:56 AM, michael norman

<michaeltnorman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have two boxes here. Both run 11.4 with no problems. One is a bit old
1gb athlon 2 gb ram the other is much newer intel 4 core 8 gig ram. I
have installed 12 1 on the older box ok but using the same dvd on the
newer box the install refuses to get beyond the splash screen ie it
fails to resolve just hangs with sort of half a picture. I have tried
text install and all the acailable resolutions, nothing gets any
further. Neither does trying to get inti another console to no avail.
Using the dvd on the newer box if I select boot from hard drive it works
ok and gets me to the installed 11 4. I have had the saaame experience
with a net cd as well. So I am at a loss with this.

Check media before installation on the same box on which the
installation fails and check media on the box in which installation is
successful, any difference?
Yes, fails on new box. works on old. FWIW newly burnt net cd fails on new box
too