Re: [opensuse] Installing Virtualbox extensions
On 12/09/2011 01:45 AM, eddie wrote:
I not sure Richard because I haven't done it for a long time, but the
process is to open virtualbox and install it through the menus.

"To install the Extension pack you down load and save it to your hard
drive and then open the VirtualBox main program. Click on preferences
and on the left side click Extensions. On the right side, click the add
package icon and then open the folder that has the extension and click
to install it."
https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=36752

Is this what you did? I don't think that packagekit is involved but I
may be wrong.

Good luck

That's exactly what I did. When I clicked ok, a dialog came up asking for my root pw but it wouldnt take it. I had a similar problem trying to download updates via packagekit. Gave up on that and went to zypper.

Recently I think I saw a solution/workaround but cannot find it.

Thanks for the response.