Re: [opensuse] Installing Virtualbox extensions
On Thu, 2011-12-08 at 22:42 -0600, Richard wrote:
I'm using 11.4 and trying to get the usb part of Virtualbox working. It
requires the extension pack which I have downloaded and it matches the
version of Vb which is 4.1.6

When I tell Vb to install the extensions it gives me a dialog for the
root password but keeps telling me it's the wrong one. I know it isnt.
Seems like a Packagekit problem.

I have googled and reviewed the opensuse archives but cannot find an
answer. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Richard

I not sure Richard because I haven't done it for a long time, but the
process is to open virtualbox and install it through the menus.

"To install the Extension pack you down load and save it to your hard
drive and then open the VirtualBox main program. Click on preferences
and on the left side click Extensions. On the right side, click the add
package icon and then open the folder that has the extension and click
to install it."
https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=36752

Is this what you did? I don't think that packagekit is involved but I
may be wrong.

Good luck
Eddie