Re: [opensuse] Re: [opensuse-factory] equivalent to boot.local for systemd
On 12/6/2011 10:49 PM, James Knott wrote:
Cristian Rodríguez wrote:
[Unit]
Description=My 6to4 tunnel
After=network.target

[Service]
Type=oneshot
ExecStart=/path/to/script/starting_the_tunnel.sh

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

Aint that cute ? ;-)

Yep. All that to replace one whole line in after.local. Why not still
have that after.local function included in systemctl? It is a very
useful function.

I like it!

There you have *much* more than a one line script.
A shell script that does similar would

* verify that the network is up
* verify that this hasn't been run before
* make sure that this is run before going into multi user mode

And probably do some error handling along the way.

Very definitely NOT a one-line shell script!

--
When languishing for solutions, don't ask "Have I got the correct answer?"
The correct question is "Have I got the correct question?"