Re: [opensuse] How do I create a "launcher" icon for an application
On 12/09/2011 07:03 AM, Basil Chupin wrote:
On 09/12/11 00:11, James Knott wrote:
Basil Chupin wrote:
I downloaded an application which runs from the command line but I
want to create an icon for it so that I can launch it from the panel
rather than type in heaps of characters in the RUN Command.

In Windows I remember this was easy to do: simply right-click on the
executable and select Create Shortcut on Desktop. But how does one
do it in openSUSE/KDE4.7.3?

Thanks for any suggestions.

BC

Have you tried:

1) Right click on desktop
2) Create new
3) Link to application

Thanks for this, James, but I think that this may have been the way in
an earlier version of KDE but I am using 4.7.3.

Along with the other suggestion that worked for you, you can get the
behavior noted above by first doing the following.

1. Right click on desktop
2. Pick "Desktop Settings"
3. Change the "Layout" from "Desktop" to "Folder View"