[opensuse] OpenOffice/LibreOffice won't launch - Suse 11.2
  • From: "James D. Parra" <jamesp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 12:04:40 -0800 (PST)
Hello,

Inexplicably, OpenOffice/LibreOffice won't launch anymore. For example, if I
type 'oocalc' at a prompt nothing happens. The same is true if I type
'libreoffice --write'. Using 'ps aux|grep oocalc' or 'ps aux|grep libreoffice'
shows no processes either. This is true for any user on the machine, including
root. No errors are logged to /var/log/messages.

Any suggestions to discover and correct the problem are welcome. I'd rather not
resort to just rebooting the machine as I would prefer to find where the
problem is.

Many thanks,

James