Re: [opensuse] A request to Attachmate/Novell
On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 11:32 AM, Linux Tyro <opensuse.bkn1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

There is one request:

Can Novell/Attachmate people set a mailing list intended for only home
users where they could be helped much better?

P.S. I am not saying that these lists are not the best place for any
solution. Rather if anything like a separate newbie channel could be
established, that could be more of a great en-devours and I bet this
would also be a reason that in the coming 1-2 years, openSUSE would
hit the world with no.1 position.

I have suggested this since I have liked openSUSE to a great extent
and feels as if it is MINE distribution of choice. I know, I might be
wrong for this suggestion, but since it came in my mind, I wanted it
to say to the owner of the Novell/Attachmate director.

Thanks.

That seems to happen naturally.

Most of the home users and more basic support takes place on the
forums. (There is advanced stuff there too, but you are correct that
the mailing lists tend to be far more technical.)

http://forums.opensuse.org/

You should check them out.

And I understand there is a forum to email mechanism available if you
want to still use email, but participate in the forums. (nntp) Look
on the wiki I think for instructions of how to do that.

Greg