Re: [opensuse] why not openSUSE used grub 2?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2011 17:39:17 +0100
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2011-12-08 14:56, Lars Müller wrote:
Lilo is part of openSUSE 12.1 as it had been before.

It's also possible to switch the used bootloader from inside the YaST
bootloader module.

Might be better to check and use a current release before fud-ing?

I'm not fudding. I remember the discussion here when it was decided to
drop lilo. Yes, the package can be installed, but the configuration
section was reported dropped from yast bootloader code.

I argued that we keep the code, but mark the functionality as "might not
work". It still works quite well, but does need some fixing.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (5.1°C)