Re: [opensuse] Failures with 12.1
On 2011/12/07 05:41 (GMT-0800) JAMES KNOTT composed:

I recently installed openSUSE 12.1 on a system that ran well for years with
11.0 and earlier versions. There are a couple of problems.

1) It will not boot directly from the hard drive. I have to boot the install
DVD and let it boot from the hard drive. If I try to boot from the hard drive,
it stops after all the PCI IRQs are listed. Grub is configured to boot from
the boot partition, which is sda1, 100 MB ext2.

I've seen the openSUSE installer remove the bootable flag from all primary partitions in the past. Maybe this happened to you. To boot from sda1 either something must chainload to it (e.g. DVD), or the bootable flag must be set on sda1 (1 bit in the MBR partition table; a simple process in any partitioning tool, & YaST).

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/