Re: Clinging to Microsoft (was Re: [opensuse] Why openSUSE is less popular than Ubuntu?)
On Thu, Dec 08, 2011 at 02:58:22PM +0100, Per Jessen wrote:
[ 8< ]
It seems to me that at most it is a question of adding a tickbox that
says "Simplified installation", and amending the installation process
to whatever we think is simple. We already have a tickbox
for "automatic configuration" that works in a similar way.

No, no, and one more no.

Cause a beginner doesn't know that this simplified installation mode is
good for beginners. I consider it also bad from the psycho motivation.
Who is willing to be a beginner? As soon as you decided to go the
expert way and then something goes wrong it's much easier to understand.

For a person used to use Linux it's much, much easiert to decide against
the default workflow.

Lars
--
Lars Müller [ˈlaː(r)z ˈmʏlɐ]