Re: [opensuse] Failures with 12.1
On Thu, Dec 08, 2011 at 08:33:51AM -0500, James Knott wrote:
James Knott wrote:
With what message ? what does /var/log/messages say about the network ?

I'll have to check next time it happens.

Here's what was in dmesg:
14.389944] ifup[726]: Service network not started and mode 'auto' ->
skipping

Also, I had to reboot 3 times to get networking to work.

Smells like a systemd issue. See
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Most_annoying_bugs_12.1 in particular
the reference to bug 725917.

For a quick test it's possible to decide to use sysvinit from the
bootloader menu.

If using sysvinit works well please file a bug report and assign it to
Frederic <fcrozat at suse dot com>.

There're several articles in the wiki about it. They're not perfect but
give you a good starting point. With your experience you'll also get
enabled to enhance them.

Thanks.

Lars
--