Re: [opensuse] cannot update 12.1
On Thu, 8 Dec 2011 17:57:21 xPol wrote:
I have just successfully upgraded from 11.4 to 12.1
I cannot update my system any more, because repositories are claimed to be
unreachable:.
Here is the report:

Download (curl) error for
'http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/12.1/repo/oss/content':
Error code: Connection failed
Error message: Failed to connect to ::1: Network is unreachable

Yet network is up an i can update suse 12.1 from other computers of the
same local network.
It seems that destination download.opensuse.org has not been translated
into its IP address.
Any ideas?

thank you
Pol

Curl is trying to connect to an IPv6 address (that is what the ::1 is). Are
you on a network that uses (or tunnels) IPv6? If not, you probably need to
disable IPv6 so that it uses IPv4 by default, rather than trying IPv6, timing
out and then (supposedly, although maybe not in this case) trying IPv4 as a
fallback.

Alternatively, it may be that curl is configured to use a proxy server (its
configuration is separate from your desktop proxy server settings - I believe
it is in /root/.curlrc from memory) and thus the error is actually from
attempting to connect to the (unreachable) proxy server rather than
opensuse.org. I don't know your network configuration so I might be on
completely the wrong path (which is why it woud have been good to have more
detail in your question) but I've been caught exactly this way before.