Re: [opensuse] Failures with 12.1
Cristian Rodríguez wrote:
1) It will not boot directly from the hard drive. I have to boot the install DVD and let it boot from the hard drive. If I try to boot from the hard drive, it stops after all the PCI IRQs are listed. Grub is configured to boot from the boot partition, which is sda1, 100 MB ext2.

It freezes completely ? does the keyboard respond ?

It simply stops at that point. I can use the keyboard to reboot.

2) The other, and more severe, problem is networking frequently fails to start. As this is my main system, I need networking.

With what message ? what does /var/log/messages say about the network ?

I'll have to check next time it happens.